Traditional insurance coverage for homeowners can sometimes take days, or even weeks. Find out how APOLLO can provide you with a policy in minutes.
Whether you’ve just bought a new home or you’re looking to change coverage providers, you may be wondering how long it takes to get homeowner’s insurance in today’s digital world.
Unfortunately, many home insurance companies are still operating traditional paper-based business models. This means that putting together a quote, binding, and transacting your policy can take a substantial amount of time. And this can leave you feeling like you’re in insurance limbo.
With APOLLO, however, you can complete your application and receive your policy in just a matter of minutes. Read on to learn more.
Need Home Insurance?
How Fast Can I Get Homeowner’s Insurance with APOLLO?
With a typical insurance company, it can take days to process your application. With APOLLO, you can expect to receive your policy documents in your email inbox instantly.
Here are three easy steps you can take to get homeowner’s insurance today:
Step 1: Fill out our quick and easy online application to get your free homeowner’s insurance quote.
Step 2: Choose a payment plan that meets your financial situation and budgetary needs.
Step 3: Receive an email right away with all of your homeowner’s insurance documents.
Does Home Insurance Start Immediately?
When completing your online application, you will be asked to provide the date that you would like your coverage to take effect. Your home will be insured from whichever date you state.
What Does Homeowner’s Insurance Cover?
Homeowner’s insurance doesn’t just cover detached houses! Regardless of the type of structure you live in, you can find the right coverage for your home.
Through our online application, you will have the opportunity to choose a policy for:
- Apartment Units – These buildings are defined as having one landowner with units that are leased to individual tenants.
- Condo Units – A single building or community of buildings, condos are separate units that are owned by individual residents.
- Condo Townhouses – Townhouses are single-family homes that share at least one wall with another independently-owned unit. The owner’s property is considered to be the interior of the unit’s structure only, with the exterior owned and maintained by a corporation.
- Freehold Townhouses – This is a house that’s attached on one or both sides, and the owner’s property is both the interior of the unit and the exterior land that it sits on.
- Detached Houses – A standalone residence inhabited by a single family.
- Semi-Detached Houses – Otherwise known as duplexes or triplexes, these houses are usually joined by a common wall that multiple families share. It can also include basement suites.
Information You Will Need to Complete Your Application
Before you can receive your quote and complete your homeowner’s insurance application, you will need to have the following details on hand.
1. Personal Information
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Your birthday
- Co-applicant details, if applicable
- Pet information, if applicable
- Home business information, if applicable
- Your claims and insurance coverage history
- Secondary property information, if applicable
2. Building Information
- Your home address
- The type of residence (condo, detached house, etc.)
- The age of your building
3. Coverage Information
- Preferred start date of your policy
- The amount of coverage you would like for your personal belongings
- The amount of coverage you would like if your home becomes uninhabitable
- Any additional coverage you would like for jewellery, bicycles, personal computers, pets, and food spoilage
- The amount of personal liability insurance you would like
4. Optional: Roommate Information
- The number of roommates you have, if any
- The amount of coverage you would like to add, if any
- The full name(s) of your roommate(s)
- The age(s) of your roommate(s)
What Does Homeowner’s Insurance Cover?
Home insurance can cover a wide variety of things. While many policies will have similar coverages, it will ultimately be up to you to decide the amounts that you would like to be covered for. This means that you can customise your home or condo insurance to meet your needs.
Here are a few examples of what your coverage can include:
1. Personal Belongings
Your personal belongings include all of the property that you own within your home. It’s your responsibility to determine how much your possessions are worth and apply for the appropriate amount of coverage, should something happen to them.
2. Additional Living Expenses
This part of the policy helps cover the cost if your home becomes uninhabitable. It can help you pay for a temporary living situation, hotel stay, meals out, or storage fees.
3. Optional Higher Limits
For certain personal possessions, you may want to purchase higher limits if you own a large or valuable amount. For example, additional coverage can be bought for items like:
- Personal Computers
- Animals, Birds, or Fish
- Freezer Food Spoilage
4. Personal Liability
This type of insurance covers you against damage to your home or bodily injuries that happen on your property. Liability coverage can also protect you in the event that a visitor to your house is unintentionally injured.
Below is a list of example scenarios that could cause damage to your home, all of which can be covered by personal liability:
- Fire, smoke, or lightning
- Falling tree
- Riot or vandalism
- Windstorm or hail
- Glass breakage
- Bleach/paint/wine spill on your couch
- Damage to your wall while moving furniture
- Bathtub flooding due to a forgotten tap
- Sewer backups
- Septic tank backups
Looking for Homeowner’s Insurance for Your House or Condo?
Finding the right insurance policy for your home can feel overwhelming and, at times, confusing.
APOLLO’s custom coverage can help make the insurance part of owning your home feel effortless. Find out how you can get covered in minutes with our quick, easy, and entirely online application process.
APOLLO Has You Covered
Get the protection you need in minutes with custom Home Insurance from APOLLO.