Work With Us
Join Our Team
We’re always looking for talented, driven people who want to change the world.
Find more info on our open positions below. If you think you’d be a good fit, send a resume over. If you don’t see a job you’re suited for, but want to work with us, send a resume over anyways!
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Insurance Product Manager / Head of Insurance Product
The team member will be responsible for creating and maintaining digital insurance products. This includes working in a team environment to manage binding authorities, negotiate product specifications, develop rating algorithms, and establish eligibility guidelines. Once the specifications are complete with an insurance company, the Product Manager will liaise with the in house engineering team to create the digital product, and then with the sales and success team to deploy to our broker network. Finally, organize qualitative broker feedback and evaluate deep analytical insights to enhance products over time.
The ideal candidate has experience in commercial lines property and casualty insurance. Multi-line programs experience is an asset. You see opportunities for technology and are eager to apply your insurance expertise in a fast paced and rewarding environment. You are extremely organized, detail oriented, and have an aptitude for project management. You enjoy building beautiful spreadsheets as much as you enjoy working with people, and are comfortable coordinating multiple stakeholders to get a project across the finish line. You want things to be better, have ideas for change, and want to be part of a team who is aligned in that mission. You want the freedom to create the future of insurance and live up to your personal potential.
About Apollo Exchange
Apollo’s vision is an industry where computers do the work, so people can build relationships. Apollo supports insurance companies with digital distribution by providing online quote, bind, digitally issued insurance products to a network of over 100 brokerages. As a licensed MGA, we develop our own products and leverage the Exchange technology to automate existing portfolios of program business.
The Exchange eliminates the time consuming and inefficient paper processes that are entrenched in the Insurance industry. Each digital product we create is hosted on broker websites for customers to 24/7 self serve, and the broker-facing marketplace gives brokers access to instantly quote and bind policies for clients and review valuable analytics data.
Apollo’s core values are Adventure, Courage, Candor, Integrity and Desire.
- Translate underwriting guidelines into digital program specs, collaborate and negotiate with insurance company personnel on development and maintenance
- Analyze conversion data and KPIs to recommend adjustments
- Work with existing insurance companies, and leverage industry relationships for new binding authority contracts and products on platform. Envision and structure new multi-line insurance programs for a variety of industry classes
- Solicit feedback from all stakeholders to inform data driven decisions
- Consider unique or differentiated product offerings where Exchange has strong aptitude
- Insurance expertise or strong fundamentals in commercial P&C
- Can articulate the opportunities of insurtech
- Existing industry network
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate, influence and close deals
- Ability to work independently and possess excellent organizational/time management skills
- Great interpersonal & team building skills
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Work in a fast paced, energetic environment where your idea today can be reality tomorrow
- Work remotely or at downtown Toronto or Vancouver offices
- Leverage cutting edge technology in every aspect- entire company infrastructure and files are cloud based, accessible from anywhere, paperless
- Microsoft Surface laptops assigned to all team
- Company iPhone included
- Full benefits
- Slack for internal messaging
- Opportunities to travel
- Dress for your day , office beer, tons of snacks, wellness benefit and we’re open to ideas
- Equity opportunities in the business
Vancouver or Toronto
- At least 5 years of multi-line commercial underwriting or broking experience
- Eager to constantly learn and self educate.
- Group buying program management experience an asset
Freelance Content Writer
Apollo is looking for creative and engaging writers to create content that is geared towards business professionals. This content will be distributed across various financial sector blogs, industry magazines, and sales documents.
- Compose and contribute exclusive, unique and engaging articles and blogs suited to our audiences
- Summarize existing material into short, easily digestible scripts for video production.
- Pitch and execute story ideas, find relevant sources.
- Conduct thorough research to gather information that will be used to write articles, that can include anecdotes, photos or illustrations on various topics for online and print publication
- Effectively proofread and/or edit articles and blogs
- Assist in the process of updating communications materials including but not limited to media kits, flyers, fact sheets, etc., as assigned
- Ability to work to short and tight deadlines and deliver quality work in a highly demanding environment.
- Able to write and edit in English
- Experience as a digital writer, journalist or editor
- Knowledge of economic and/or financial markets terminology is an asset
- Above average English spelling and grammar
- SEO experience
- Self-starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Minimum 1 year communications
About Apollo Exchange
Apollo’s content studio produces custom content for financial sector clients that target specific industry classes ranging from business to lifestyle.
Successful freelance writers will be considered for full time positions as they become available.