APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
We are searching for a digital event planner to help us maintain our reputation for putting on memorable events by managing the production from concept through completion. The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, and detail oriented, with strong project management skills, dedicated to delivering elevated events that delight and inspire attendees.
This role demands an expert in all aspects of virtual event and conference planning, including cost containment, logistics, setup, live streaming, and a wealth of best practices. The candidate will also have excellent leadership skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations. The best fit for our company is an event planner who can manage the daily details with big-picture thinking to ensure truly unique experiences.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Immerse yourself in APOLLO’s business and understand how we provide value to our variety of target personas
- Researching hot topics that will resonate with our audience and sourcing/scheduling speakers to deliver action-oriented programs on these topics
- Assisting the team to set attendance or lead generation targets for each event
- Working with our marketing team to develop and launch campaigns that hit their targets
- Performing other tasks related to the delivery of best-in-class events (e.g. securing approval for continuing education credits, ensuring that speakers are prepared to deliver a great event, hosting the event and managing Q&A, following up with post-program surveys and other close-out tasks)
- Conducting analysis and making recommendations for constant improvement of our online programming
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in marketing management, advertising, communications, or similar.
- 2+ years’ experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns and events.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills (including being comfortable speaking to online audiences)
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- Willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed, as needed.
- Experience with enterprise level webinar software
- Experience with Hubspot
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Remote anywhere in Canada