- BUSINESS INSURANCE
- PERSONAL INSURANCE
- I’M A BROKER
APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $7 trillion dollar industry.
In this role you will work with a team of experienced, smart, humble and collaborative Business Stakeholders, Engineers, and Product Managers who are out to create the largest Digital Insurance Platform in the world. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and industry to innovate in this space and solve critical technical and business problems for Apollo and our customers. You will collect data from our various sources, interpret and analyze the data, identify patterns and trends, and report back the results, metrics and recommendations to the various stakeholders.
You will also lead and shape the future of Digital Analytics at Apollo, from how and what data we collect, how we store and analyze it and lead our collective teams to be much more data-savvy and make data-driven decisions. You will help the various teams at Apollo with the best practices to experiment, iterate, and learn in a fast-paced environment. As the platform and the organization scale 10x, so will your experience and your career.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Collect, interpret and analyze the data we have
- Identify patterns and trends, and report back results, metrics and recommendations to the various stakeholders and teams
- Drive what additional data and metrics we should collect and implement them alongside our Engineering team
- Drive the best practices across Apollo how we use data to drive insights and make sound business decisions
- Drive how we create hypothesis, validate them via data, and create an iterative cycle of improving and learning from our data and metrics
- Define our data dictionary, data governance and data management as we grow the platform and its usage
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Solid mathematical, statistical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid experience with Analytical Tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Tableau, PowerBI, or Business Objects
- Solid experience with Structured Query Language, ETL processing and data formats like JSON and XML
- Experience with Iterative, Agile software development
- Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics and/or Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- Experience in AB Testing Tools like Optimzely are a plus
- Exposure to managing and analysing large data sets are a plus
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Greater Vancouver metropolitan, BC,
Greater Calgary metropolitan, AB,
Greater Montreal metropolitan, QC