APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing projects in relation to new insurance product development, digital/platform implementation and existing product optimization. Project management may include, but is not limited to setting timelines in coordination with the insurance and development team, coordinating communication with all product stakeholders, management of the product optimization knowledge funnel, coordinating and managing the prioritization of product optimization, and coordinating new product development including R&D and third-party consulting work. This person will report to the VP of Product Development and work closely with the Insurance Product Directors.
Project management skills are a high priority and key asset. Critical Thinking, Planning, Task Management, and Negotiating are key to the role as you will be setting timelines, planning with stakeholders and ensuring the existing optimization and new product builds are on time, highly communicated, and take a disciplined approach towards execution.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, can bring creative solutions to your work, and have the desire to lead an industry forward with a high-performing team, this is the opportunity for you. #tothemoon
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Project Management of Insurance Product development, Digital/platform implementation and Existing Product Optimization;
- Managing communication with various product stakeholders;
- Assisting in setting timelines and then managing project deliverables based on the timelines;
- Managing and assisting with prioritization product optimization feedback and data;
- Delivering vital product performance information to the Product Directors;
- Assisting Portfolio Underwriter on executing on development tickets and managing the timelines, deliverables and communication with the stakeholders;
- Liaison between the development and insurance team and when required problem-solving development roadblocks
- Working with Product Directors and all product stakeholders to enhance new product rollout process;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post Secondary education and industry certifications
- Embody the APOLLO values
- Deep desire to succeed
- Rigor and discipline on execution of deliverables
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise in the field
- Project Management Experience
- Insurance Product digitization experience an asset
- Commercial and Personal Lines insurance knowledge
- Working knowledge of the underwriting processes and insurance terms and conditions
- Knowledge in JIRA and Agile Methodology an Asset
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a Project Management Role
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Customer service (internal), interpersonal, teamwork, analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Creative and solution-oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit that takes ownership of their work
- Ability to make decisions and have strong problem solving skills
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Remote anywhere in Canada