- BUSINESS INSURANCE
- PERSONAL INSURANCE
- I’M A BROKER
APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
The Director of People & Culture at APOLLO will report to the VP of People & Culture and is responsible for building the human resources function to meet the strategic needs of the organization and supporting the organization as it evolves, developing human resources policies, practices and programs. The successful candidate for this position will have the opportunity to develop and promote a unique corporate culture and environment for a high-growth, dynamic organization. You are comfortable being hands on as well as developing strategies, as we continue to grow and scale.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Ability to drive operational excellence through effective collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Provide HR policy guidance and assist in creation of people & culture procedures
- Identify training needs and assist in the creation of programs for team member development & growth
- Facilitate training sessions with team members, leaders and C-suite individuals
- Consulting with line management and provide daily HR guidance
- Analyzing trends and metrics with the HR department
- Onboarding new team members to HR systems (Expense, Benefits, Payroll)
- Management and administration of Payroll, benefits, compensation.
- Management of org charts and proving org design support to senior leaders
- Resolving complex employee relations issues
- Driver of engagement initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience in a Senior HR Generalist / Manager or Senior Business Partner position
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field preferred
- Experience working in the insurance industry, technology organization or high-growth start-up preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation
- Strong experience in learning & development
- Analytical approach and ability to use data to make decisions
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills
- Bilingual in French would be an asset
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Remote anywhere in Canada