- BUSINESS INSURANCE
- PERSONAL INSURANCE
- I’M A BROKER
APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $7 trillion dollar industry.
The Controller will be responsible for supporting all aspects of APOLLO’s finance strategic objectives. You will be accountable for the implementation and oversight of timely, accurate, and responsive broker payment and reporting processes as well as creating new processes to support the growth of the company.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes within target reporting deadlines
- Ensure all accounting, financial data, and records are up to date and supported with documentation
- Responsible for internal and external financial reporting to key stakeholders. This includes internal financial packages as well as the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordinate M&A as well as tax planning to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulations, internal controls and processes
- Direct and lead all aspects of accounting and finance including receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Develop and maintain a reliable system of internal controls
- Document and implement process changes and improvements, including reviewing technology solutions to support business growth
- Lead and develop staff within Finance, ensuring team members are coached for development, and functions are assessed for ongoing succession.
- Develop and support strong external relationships with bankers, investment advisors, legal counsel, auditors and other providers of corporate services to the company.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required by management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Progressively more senior finance roles for 8+ years/li>
- CPA required
- Public practice experience (both private and publicly listed corporations) with solid internal controls and audit experience
- Relevant industry experience in financial reporting or accounting roles, preferably in the insurance or technology industries
- Proven experience with financial reporting under IFRS, account reconciliations, and managing staff
- Driven to learn and take on new challenges and have input into all areas of Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience leading initiatives in the Accounting function
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven Finance mind
- Experience with Accounting systems, Plooto, Stripe and related automated tools
- Experience with QBO, Advanced Excel & Google Sheets is an asset
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Vancouver, BC. Remote temporarily due to COVID-19