- BUSINESS INSURANCE
- PERSONAL INSURANCE
- I’M A BROKER
APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
As the Business Development Manager responsible for driving new broker partners to the APOLLO portal, you will play a pivotal role in the process of educating broker partners on the role of APOLLO while helping to build our brand. Through various outreach and sales forward campaigns the focus of the role is to have new brokerages and unregistered individual brokers to reach their optimal potential use of the APOLLO broker portal. We want to help brokers to achieve their sales objectives utilizing the Exchange.
The Business Development Manager will work with both the VP of Business Development and the Broker Success team to find and onboard brokerages and provide group training sessions on APOLLO’s product and platform features. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, can bring creative solutions to your work, and have the desire to lead an industry forward with a high performing team, this is the opportunity for you.
As a driven, eager, and ambitious member of the APOLLO team, the Business Development Manager will be instrumental in achieving the company’s accelerated growth.
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Development programs
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Generous vacation policy
- Extended medical, Dental and Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility
- Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal
- Identify, prioritize, and execute outbound business development activities to drive top of funnel conversions for signing new brokerages and driving new user registrations
- Onboard brokerage teams to the APOLLO platform, achieving entrenchment within each office
- Establish relationships with brokerage owners and leaders, demonstrating the operational value in prioritizing APOLLO for all available business
- Work alongside broker distribution team and marketing team to perfect messaging and identify key opportunities within the marketplace
- Produce and promote educational content to attract, engage, and delight prospects and clients while continuing to build trust in both yours and APOLLO’s brand
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a sales/business development role
- Property & Casualty insurance network and experience preferred
- Working knowledge of sales process, methods, and techniques
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Embody the APOLLO values
- Deep desire to succeed
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise in the field
- Experience successfully building relationships and facilitating conversations at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and solution-oriented
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent